(urth) Sinew's parentage

James Wynn thewynns at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 22 16:18:51 PST 2005

>I say: be careful when you argue with Roy Lackey
>about points of fact in Wolfe novels.  He has, as
>I've come to realize, the annoying habit of nearly
>always being correct.

I'm not arguing with him (yet). But I did not find the information at the
location he provided, so it is possible that he may have already tipped his
hand to his mortality.

I have three things to say for the record:

1) I opened this question, not because I have a hard opinion, but because I
considered the question dubious.

2) I remember having problem with the timeline for this theory from
something Horn said in "The Short Sun", but I can't remember where or what
it was exactly. Yet the other issues still persist. Something is going on
there and Sinew as Marrow's son would definitely clear a lot up.
(Incidentally there are problems with the timeline in SS no matter what you
believe, such as "how long has Horn been away?")

3) I've found Roy to be remarkable in his ability to recall a pertinent and
important quote, but as human as the rest of us in his analysis. I would
certainly not scare anyone away from disagreeing with him before they've
even started, and I can't imagine that he would want that either.

~ Crush