(urth) happiness in The Knight

James Wynn thewynns at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 21 04:06:04 PST 2005

>Ah! Finally, someone wonders whether I was playing word-games.
>The answer is: I don't think so.
>[...]
>Do well-adjusted people molest and bully others?

What is your definition of "well-adjusted"? The word implies an objective
goal to which one would "adjust". Depending on one's criteria, a
well-adjusted person might bully and molest. Saddam seems to have adjusted
Uday and Qusay to do that.

It is difficult for me to see how the happiness of tsunami victims on the
other side of the planet sharing few of my genes would affect my happiness
in an evolutionary sense.

~ Crush