(urth) 5HC : Skinner, Turing and happiness

maru marudubshinki at gmail.com
Sun Feb 20 21:05:17 PST 2005

That is interesting; I remember you bringing up virtue ethics earlier,
in a more alien context. It seems to fit; )
I can't say I really like that philosphy: it seems to boil down to
selfishness, and I've always been more of a greater
good -guy.
I know a few people who can't be really happy while anyone around them
is unhappy.  Could that be a less-extreme
example of what your dissident is doing?  More religiously, that seems
very much like the bodhisattva idea, but if that's
a bad connection, a misreading of intent, please tell me.

~Maru
Your fortune is: I don't know half of you half as well as I should like;
and I like less
than half of you half as well as you deserve.
                -- J. R. R. Tolkien