(urth) 5HC : Chinese boxes or tea chests?

Nathan Spears spearofsolomon at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 2 10:38:44 PST 2005

But are the similarities superficial?  That is, are they solving problems for
themselves using human methods, or for the same reasons humans would have?  Do they
believe that they are organic creatures dependent on oxygen and sunlight for
survival, or are they "aware" (even if that only means, "they factor into their
problem-solving the fact that they are machines") that they are machines mimicking
human thought-processes?