(urth) Re: urth-urth.net Digest, Vol 6, Issue 1

Maru Dubshinki marudubshinki at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 14:40:18 PST 2005

Those may be genetically human bodies, but the examples you pose are
not clearly human.  They can do nothing we regard as quintessentially
human (anything that separates us from animals, which makes us regard
ourselves as sentient beings, lords of nature, moral agents etc and
everything else as not) even if there is a chance they might.  We
judge on present capabilities and results, not potentials- I do not
support abortion, for example, because it might prevent the next few
h-bomb inventors, Stalins, Hitlers etc, nor do I think life sentences
for all crimes (after all, most crimes are done by recidivists!) are
justified. Etc.
And the Annese were already destroyed. Sic transit mundi.

~Maru
Microsoft delenda est.