(urth) Sinew's parentage

StoneOx17 at aol.com StoneOx17 at aol.com
Tue Feb 22 15:20:11 PST 2005

Crush asks:

>>> Is Sinew be Marrow's son?

Roy Lackey says:

>> No, no. Sinew was conceived in the Calde's
>> Palace on the _Whorl_. (EXODUS,
>> 384) Marrow had nothing to do with it.

Crush asks:

> Are you talking about paperback or hardcover?
> I'm looking at the HC version on Amazon Search
> Inside, and I don't see any reference to Nettle
> being pregnant on that page.

I say: be careful when you argue with Roy Lackey
about points of fact in Wolfe novels.  He has, as
I've come to realize, the annoying habit of nearly
always being correct.

>From the amazon site searchable edition, Page
430.  "... Within that point of light Sinew
had been conceived, in all probability, in the
Calde's Palace.  It did not seem possible."

-- Stone Ox