(urth) 5HC : Skinner, Turing, Laplace

Chris rasputin_ at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 15 15:59:54 PST 2005

Even if you carefully specify that it's completely deterministic, the
"careless" aspect stipulates just as firmly that it can't be deterministic.
Because the demon is outside the system, he can't interact with it if it's a
closed system. If he can interact with it, then you have influences outside
the universe affecting causality within the universe, and it's not
deterministic.

If you extend your system to include the demon's interaction, then you've
effectively placed the demon inside the horizon of your system/universe, and
thus you get the other problem.