(urth) Re: urth-urth.net Digest, Vol 6, Issue 1

Jim Raylor rjraylor at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Feb 1 12:42:33 PST 2005

I have been observing the suspect through this
deceptive mirror.
If the 'client' has any doubts that the mirror he
faces is more than just a reflective surface, then he
hides his suspicions well, but I suspect he may not
know he is observed by me from the other side.
The purpose of my study is to reveal whether the
subject is truly human or just some strange alien,
phantasm or artificial device which has learned to
assume a human form.
The resemblance to a human is frighteningly accurate.
In fact I think he looks like me, though others report
this observation to be inaccurate in many ways.
I cannot hear his words, his space seems well
sound-proofed, but, reading his lips, his
speech seems to be English.
>From his behaviour I notice he is a good mimic of
others. Indeed he often seems to ape my own actions,
though in a contradictory fashion.
For some reason he seems unwilling to reveal the back
of his head to me, though I am planning to place
another trick mirror on the opposite wall of his
'cell' to catch him out.
I call the observation room a cell, not because he is
held as a prisoner, I can see the door in his room is
unlocked, as is my own.
He seems as happy with his situation as I appear to be
with my own. I object to the abuse which he has at
times received from those who understand less of his
plight than I.
I call it a cell because he seems at times to be
unready to leave the room before adjusting his
appearance in subtle ways. This in itself does not
indicate that he has any unusual shape-shifting
abilities, though it does raise a few questions in my
mind.
I have decided I will give him the benefit of the
doubt, all his actions and his appearance would lead
me to conclude him a human. I still have some doubts,
but if I terminated his existence as a result of my
own uncertainties I would be less than human myself.
Whether the higher authorities will accept my
recommendations is unclear but I would
suggest they release him and grant him the same rights
as other humans.

You're my mirror in the bathroom!

=====
http://prisoner143.50megs.com/