(urth) TWK: 7 world cosmology

James Wynn thewynns at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 16 14:11:20 PST 2005

>I agree with Roy's take on the purported Gnosticism in TWK. If this is being
>based off of the scene with the Most Low God where he claims that if you saw
>his back you would see the Most High God, I think that it is clear that he
>is lying in that scene.

Right. Because we *see* his back and it is only maggots and such.

However, there is a progression demonstrated toward the both gods (Most Low
and Most High) that is at first glance indistinguishable. What is the difference
between Disiri's elevation to humanity and Able's elevation to Skai versus Garsecg's
elevation to Setr (and the implied elevation to Arnthor)?

It is said that Garsecg devoured Setr, but that's not *entirely* the case. Setr,
didn't cease to be. Instead he became Garsecg at least as much as the other
way around. Morcaine *became* a dragon of Muspel (or was in the process of
becoming one) and the same was true of Arnthor. They started out as half-Aelf
and were in the process of ever-*sinking* toward the Most Low God.