(urth) TWK: The Aelf dilemma

Chris rasputin_ at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 5 15:32:45 PST 2005

I suggest you take a step back and reflect on this for a second. You threw
out a one-liner to a mailing list which was either meant to make a point
(the one that Dan'l criticized) or else contentless. It does not make a lot
of sense to throw out a contentless one-liner to "interject" some levity in
the discussion when you know that it's going to offend a sizable portion of
readers with any religious inclinations at all. It's like going to a mixed
gathering with people you don't know and breaking the ice by saying "How
many single mothers does it take to change a light bulb?" - any even
remotely observant person will know that this is not likely to lighten the
mood, even if there happen to be no single mothers at the table.

In a way I think Dan'l was being generous by assuming that you actually
*meant* something.