(urth) bluegreenandcerberus

David Lebling dlebling at hyraxes.com
Mon Aug 29 06:16:48 PDT 2005

Adrian Robert wrote "Given such a span of time, almost anything could be
proposed of
course, but what about something minimal and plausible?"

How about this?

"Gene Wolfe is extremely interested in the question of identity, what it
means to be human, and whether identity and humanity can be mimicked by
machines, aliens or other humans. These themes are present in many of his
works. A common way he explores these ideas is to create a duality between a
relatively mundane setting in which our conventional notions of identity
(etc.) apply, and another in which they do not."

I realize that this isn't what you are looking for, but I think it's more
likely than any convoluted scheme that ties Wolfe's novels and stories
together by plot.

-- Dave Lebling, aka vizcacha