(urth) Elementary

Chris rasputin_ at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 26 01:15:05 PDT 2005

Does this take that much agonizing? The fact that Gene Wolfe is popular now
is irrelevant, unless you're claiming that somehow Wolfe somehow should have
known back then that he would be as popular an author as Vinge. Even if you
assume he made that presumption, when you think about it it would be a
relative miracle for a book by Vinge or Wolfe to have survived and made its
way into a library on a planet circling another star.