(urth) Fava in the Whorl, and where the Neighbors went

thalassocrat at nym.hush.com thalassocrat at nym.hush.com
Tue Aug 23 05:49:04 PDT 2005

On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 09:09:10 -0700 "Roy C. Lackey"
<rclackey at stic.net> wrote:
>My point is that inhumi appearance cannot be a reliable
>guide to
>actual age. And they lie.

That's certainly true. But I think that Krait took the form of a
youth of the "right" age because he wanted very much to be Horn's
son.

Actually, appearance != age seems to be true for inhumi even in
their astral aspects. Astral Fava on Green is an old woman the
first time, but sweet-little-Fava the second. In reality, I think
that both she and Fava are probably as old as Quetzal.

>I'm glad I waited as long as I did to respond; now it's *your*
>problem
>dealing with certain knotty theories. <G>

Not going there :) I like parts of the Grand Unified Tree Theory as
stories, but I don't think they're Wolfe's stories.

I found where Neighborish spacecraft are mentioned: Silkhorn
talking with Hide in IGJ, p353. "Eventually the Vanished People
found some means of crossing the abyss to Green. Perhaps they built
landers of their own - I believe they must have." But I suppose I
can't hang very much on Silkhorn's guess at something that happened
1000+ years ago.