(urth) The eyes of a clone

Roy C. Lackey rclackey at stic.net
Wed Aug 3 22:03:57 PDT 2005

Crush wrote:
>>c) But why do readers keep assuming that the man with the "carved brown
face" and the man with the blue eyes are different? Because we instinctively
know that that doesn't fit.<<

Before -- or if -- I respond further, and I probably shouldn't do this
because I don't believe your interpretation in the least, I will point out
that you have put a needless obstacle in your own path. No one that I know
of has said Tussah had a brown face. I don't know what kind of complexion he
had. Silk was speaking of the color of the bust itself. The whole thing was
brown, and it was brown because it had been carved out of wood.

-Roy