(urth) Previous universe, was Re: Increate on trial

Roy C. Lackey rclackey at stic.net
Fri Apr 1 00:10:31 PST 2005

David Kirby wrote:
>I'll check out CITADEL. Your explanation clearly establishes the
>expanding and collapsing universes, but I don't see where it shows that
>Sev's adventures couldn't be taking place in the future of *our*
>"manvantara," as "G.W."'s note states in the portion of my original post
>I deleted above.

You're right. I realized that after I posted. I guess I have a problem with
the basic concept of things existing before they are even created; but
that's just me, I suppose. Still, I can't get past that "all things advance
by some minute step" part in the evolution of universes. It ain't logical.

>(Damn. "Manvantara" defeated my RANDOM HOUSE UNABRIDGED
>DICTIONARY, 2d edition, my NEW LEXICON WEBSTER'S DICTIONARY, and
>dictionary.com. M. Andre-Driussi, in LEXICON URTHUS, failed me as well.
>So what's the word *really* mean?)

Have you ever looked for something -- say in a drawer -- where you know it's
supposed to be, but it just isn't there? So you look for it everywhere else,
to no avail. Then you look in that drawer again and -- presto! -- there it
is. No? Well, I bet if you look in LU again it will be there this time.
That, or I'm no magician. <g>

-Roy