(urth) Borges In The Popular Media

Seth Lombardi sethlombardi at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 20 13:46:06 PDT 2005

>Borges and his "Tlon, Uqbar, Orbis Tertius" were mentioned on last Sunday's
>(4/10/05) "The L Word" television drama on Showtime in the US, in
>particular as part of a curriculum where a notoriously demanding teacher
>assignes the creation of a sequel to it in another medium, IIRC.

Ah! That's interesting because I just picked up the first trade paperback of
Grant Morrison's Doom Patrol, and the first story arc in it is essentially
just that. In fact, I have to wonder if the person who wrote that episode
didn't have Morrison directly in mind.

seth
Seth Lombardi
sethlombardi at hotmail.com
http://sethlombardi.blogspot.com/
AIM: melombardi
"Two faces are alike; neither is funny by itself, but side by side their
likeness makes us laugh" -Pascal