(urth) the Epitome

thalassocrat at nym.hush.com thalassocrat at nym.hush.com
Sat Apr 9 05:51:48 PDT 2005

Roy says:

>But, just for the sake of argument, suppose Sev _had_ been killed
>in the
>fight. What then? Would the H's just polish their halos and take
>up the
>harp? Game over? No further pursuit of their ultimate goal
>(whether that
>goal was their own or the Increate's)? In other words, would Sev's

>death in
>a brawl really change anything, in the long view? No. The H's
>would just
>wait for the next manvantara and try again. With the ability to
>scan time
>from one end of a universe to the other, and to manipulate
>outcomes, they
>held all the high cards -- except the Joker.

Would they have to wait for a new cycle? By the time of the trial,
Sev is an eidolon, created on the ship after he died encased in
Sidero. It was at that point Tzadkiel set the New Sun on its way, I
believe.

"The winged woman of Father Inire's book awaited me in the wings.
Her hands she clapped once, formally, as a great lady summons her
maid. As they parted there appeared between them a point of white
light, hot and flaming. It seemed to me that it was my own face,
and my face a mask that stared into it." (p65)

If Sev the eidolon had died in the battle in Yesod, why not just
make a new eidolon and try again, until the they got the right
outcome?