(urth) the Epitome

Iorwerth Thomas iorweththomas at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 8 03:15:17 PDT 2005

>From: maru <marudubshinki at gmail.com>
>Subject: Re: (urth) the Epitome
>Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2005 22:20:20 -0400

>Before we talk about what the Increate does and does not
>consider a sin (and what is up with that name? A naive reading
>of it would make me think of a pan-theist cosmology but I'm
>pretty sure that's not what Wolfe means.),

I think it may be a panentheistic set up (God permeates and transcends
nature - hence the Increate refers to God active in Creation, the Pancreator
refers to God transcending nature; analogies to Spinoza can probably be
drawn here).   Panentheism could be viewed as either the taking of certain
aspects of classical theism or pantheism to their logical conclusion, or as
a combination of aspects of the two (as in process theism).  It _might_ be
what Wolfe means, but I'm unwilling to bet on it at this point.

Iorwerth