(urth) Best order to read Sun books?

Dan'l Danehy-Oakes danldo at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 12:44:57 PDT 2004

> I strongly believe that the best way to read any series of books is by
> publication date. That way, you can best see the workings of the author's
> mind and the ways the various characters, concepts, etc. evolve over time.

"We are the chorus and we agree.
We agree, we agree, we agree."

Gross example: The Narnia books. CS Lewis decided after the fact to
recommend a reading order that begins with _The Magician's Nephew_,
which is his prerogative but _dumb_ because _TMN_ kind of assumes that
you are already familiar with some of the other books.  At least in
small ways.

Anyway, I highly recommend reading the "Books" in publication order.
I'm not so convinced that there's any special purpose to reading the
various related short stories in any particular place - though I _do_
think that "The Night Chough" fits nicely in between the Long and the
Short of it.

--Blattid

--
www.livejournal.com/users/sturgeonslawyer