(urth) Sulpicius

Dan'l Danehy-Oakes danldo at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 11:20:16 PDT 2004

H'mmm. I had never thought to connect "pelagic" with "pelagian," but
there is a kind of sense to it - the Pelagian heresy is, at root, the
ideal of self-sufficiency. Rejecting Augustine's doctirne of Man's
inherent sinfulness and the resultant absolute need for grace in order
to be saved, Pelagius taught that humans had the ability to absolutely
reject evil of their own free will, and so be saved.

It occurs to me that there is a certain analogy here to the Vodalarian
belief (the Vodelarii being the users of the "pelagic" password) that
humanity can pull itself up by its bootstraps and return to their days
of glory. (It is in this context not insignificant to note that this
belief is encouraged by the demons of the posthistorical period, Abaia
and his ilk.)

Cheers,

--Dan'l

--
www.livejournal.com/users/sturgeonslawyer
No president who has presided over Abu Ghraib should ever