(urth) Sulpicius

Andrew Bollen abollen at internode.on.net
Mon Oct 4 00:11:25 PDT 2004

Roy says:

> In the early hours of Severian's autarchy he was told by the aquastor
> Malrubius that his immediate predecessor,  the Old Autarch Appian, had
> been
> the only ruler since the first autarch, Ymar, to represent Urth at trial
> in
> Yesod. (IV, p.214)

I don't have the books handy, but I have a vague recollection that Ymar
doesn't get distinguished as the *first* Autarch until UOTNS. (Or no?) If
that's right, then I think this is just another place in which UOTNS is a
new story, "based on" but not exactly a direct extension of, or intended to
be totally consistent with New Sun.