(urth) What does Horn look like?

Don Doggett harlekin at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 3 20:25:33 PDT 2004

On Sunday, October 3, 2004, at 05:43 PM, James Wynn wrote:

> I was hoping someone here would know definitively if the cover art
> were a mistake that was unapproved by Wolfe.  Or......do Horn and Silk
> look verrrrry similar? Either way, I have always considered it an
> important narrative point that Horn was balding so how he
> looked...whether it was he or Silk that was balding is kind of
> important (to me).

Don replies:

I highly doubt the cover art was approved by Wolfe.   The cover for
RttW (besides being hideous) is the result of a misreading of the
passage where Silkhorn is picked up by the godling.  It describes the
godling's thumb as looking like a head with a curved hat (thumbnail).
So I  wouldn't look to the cover art for any insight.