(urth) Urth/Blue

Scyetletull letetuwathe xentrocia at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 10 14:17:59 PDT 2004

I have not posted here before so I apologize if this topic has already been
addressed and I just missed it. However, I am curious if anyone has
discussed or considered the idea that Urth and Blue are actualy the same
planet in a different time. My reasons for thinking this are as follows:

I do not know exactly what is happening to the "red sun" of Urth but I do
know that Sevarian describes the place in which he lives as having mild
summers. If we assume that he is indeed somewhere in South America as some
have theorized that means he is also near the equator. Unless I have missed
something this means that it should be rather warm. So if this part of the
world is substantialy colder than our present world as a result of the sun
dieing I believe it is safe to asume that the rest of the world is even
colder. This would mean that a good deal of the worlds water supply is
frozen. So the coming of the new sun (a brighter and warmer sun) could
potentialy melt the polar ice caps and flood the world.

I don't see any reason why this couldnt be what the folks from the long sun
call blue. If I am not mistaken the moon that Sevarian describes in BotNS is
green.

Please let me know if I am missing anything here...