(urth) Re: Sulpicius

Roy C. Lackey rclackey at stic.net
Mon Oct 4 22:24:19 PDT 2004

Civet wrote:

>There's a lot more to be troubled about in this. Because at least one of
the
>previous Autarchs bouncing around in there is Severian himself, who at that
>point would have already been through all of the events described in the
New
>Sun and also have (within his own memories) the echoes of all the other
>autarchs.

Okay, I'll bite. Which of the previous autarchs was Severian, and when?

If you're referring to the "first Severian" scenario outlined by Sev on
p.270 of CITADEL, that doesn't count. That Severian was replaced at some
point by our Sev, and history was rewritten, so to speak. Sev _did not_
contain the memory of that "first Severian" becoming autarch and receiving
the memories of Appian and the rest.

-Roy