(urth) AI souls

James Wynn thewynns at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 4 11:15:23 PST 2004

I agree with Roy that Sidero expressing genuine regret for his actions does
suggest that Sidero might have a soul. But it isn't necessarily so. I'm a
bit at a disadvantage since I'm currently working a contract in Savannah and
all my books are in storage in Austin. Before I continue. Could someone post
the relevant text?

My conviction that the chems had *human* souls is a great deal more complex
than merely Rose's testimony. And Sidero, unlike Rose, never, as far as I
recall, considers the validity of his existence. Nevertheless, if it could
be proven that Sidero had evolved a soul it would at least show that Wolfe
had exemplified a situation in which Rose's rationale was irrelevant.

~ Crush