(urth) the problem with gaiman, mieville, and pullman

Dan'l Danehy-Oakes danldo at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 12:10:56 PST 2004

H'mmmm.

Well, it seems very unlikely to me that Gaiman would say much
uncomplimentary about CSL (or JRRT) as the invited guest of the
Mythopoeic Society, an organization created specifically for the
study of the works of the Inklings: it would be akin to accepting a
dinner invitation and getting up after the appetizer and starting
to make rude remarks about your host's mother.

That he says as much as he does (about being "personally
offended," about feeling that CSL had violated his trust, about
the "awkwardness" of the structure of _Prince Caspian_) in such
a context leads me to believe that he might have quite a bit more
to say in a less Lewicentric forum.

Still, what he _does_ say makes it clear that he loves, or at some
point loved, those books, and that's worth knowing.

Thanks.

--Dan'l

--
www.livejournal.com/users/sturgeonslawyer