(urth) Semi-OT: Random Mievillainousness

stilskin acronus at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 2 10:31:31 PST 2004

Mieville is worth reading.  He is no hack, in my
opinion, although he has clearly been influenced by
hacks -- as has Gene Wolfe.  I recommend The Scar as
the "purest" Mieville -- that's the book I feel has
come closest to showcasing his strengths.  Perdido
Street Station will also give a fair appreciation of
his talents.  I would avoid Iron Council, his latest.
He's not the tidiest of writers under the best of
circumstances, but IC is just plain sloppy.

Paul
--- Lisa Schaffer-Doggett <harlekin at earthlink.net>

=====
http://www.sff.net/people/stilskin